Thursday, July 30, 2009

THE TOWN OF EL COCUY







©2009 John Sanchez
The town of el cocuy (2700 mts),was founded by the first Europeans in south America, in the year of 1540, today the population is around 6000 people, and the architecture and the blood line from the first settler is a live. Many people have some of the European genetics of those days, and you only have to Imagine how the Spaniards use to look like on those days. the culinary habits are very good and still in services this days. People is kind and honest. I made my deal with Elcocuycoopserguias, by phone and email, and everything was respected , like prices and routes. I am glad I was there.
(you will have a better time, if you speak Spanish.Don't be surprised if you find tourist from overseas. I did found two Dutch hikers, and they have the time of their life talking to us.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES WE DID!!!!!!!!